October 30, 2011

Coming Soon: The Cake Boss, Bakin' with the Boss Tour


My oh my, how we've had some mighty fine courses thus far to start the season. From k.d. lang to Sergio Mendes to Joan Rivers, the entertainment served on stage has been prime. So how about a little dessert? It only seems appropriate that the next course in the 2011/12 season features Buddy Valastro. That's right, The Cake Boss himself. He's coming to Austin as part of his Bakin' with The Boss Tour, where he will be hosting a live and interactive event up on stage.

Now, perhaps a few of you are asking, "who is this Cake Boss guy?"

Well, for the uninitiated, Buddy Valastro is featured in the hit reality television show "Cake Boss" on the TLC network. He operates Hoboken, New Jersey's own Carlo's Bakery, a family business. A far cry from the like of Jersey Shore, this show follows the ordeals of Buddy and his clan as they fulfill orders for some truly epic cakes.

And when I say epic cakes, I mean epic. cakes.


Yeah. When you're creating massive baked masterpieces like that, there are hazards involved that most of us could never imagine. No Easy-Bake Oven here, kiddos. Tribulations aside, the results are often nothing short of spectacular. Take this one, for instance, where an anniversary cake for Sesame Street doesn't just impress the crowd, but also one of the world's most well known purveyor of baked goods...


Is your sweet tooth awake yet? Mine sure is.

The show offers many different areas of interest. Some may gravitate to Buddy,who really is quite a character. Others may follow the drama inside a family business, and for the rest of us, we gawk at baked goods.

Myself, I must confess a weakness for cooking and baking shows. To paraphrase an old saying, the surest way to my eyes nowadays is through my stomach. Now that I reflect back for a moment, I guess it's always been this way. One of my earliest Saturday morning cartoon memories was this PSA...


To this day, those frozen juice blocks remain the pinnacle of my cooking ability. My cooking and baking skills are limited to bowls of cereal and slightly burned toast. Make no mistake, I would be fired by any cake boss with the utmost quickness. No wonder I gravitate to these foodie programs.

Those who can, bake. Those who can't... er, watch... and then eat.

As part of the Majestic Series during this season, this show promises to be a real delectable treat. Valastro will share stories about the show and his family, and even answer audience questions. Best of all, he'll give a live demonstation right there on stage. I have no clue what it may be, but I'm hoping it's enough to feed the whole audience.

So satisfy that sweet tooth and get ready or a unique event. The Cake Boss is coming, and I can't think of a better way for foodies and their families to spend an evening than to get baked with Buddy.

Buddy Valastro will be appearing live in his Bakin' with The Boss Tour at The Paramount Theatre on Thursday, November 10 at 7:30 p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment